The Little Loomhouse is committed to preserving the art of weaving, fiber and textile arts, to the restoration of the three historic cabins, and to preserving its place in local cultural history. LLH serves over 6500 citizens in our community through on-site educational programs, camps, workshops, and historical tours as well as off-site classes, community outreach programs, library partnerships and participation in other community events.
In 1939, Master Weaver and Historian Lou Tate bought the three historic 19th Century cabins on Kenwood Hill in South Louisville for her weaving studio. The famous Hill sisters, Patti & Mildred, first sang their “Happy Birthday” song in Esta cabin. Frank Lloyd Wright visited the cabins, which are now the repository for the largest collection of weaving patterns and coverlets in the U.S. The cabins are open for historical tours during regular hours.